As a Lead Software Engineer, I enjoy mentoring and growing engineers to become active and strong contributors to a team. I have 16+ years of experience in developing responsive software applications, with expertise in Software Configuration Management, DevOps/Build and configuration management, and developing CI/CD pipelines. I am adept at quickly learning new technology, identifying product design issues, ensuring software reliability, and providing quality assurance and automation testing.
- Coaching decisions in software engineering and technical product management fields, emphasizing communication and collaboration, and measuring availability by the hour.
Senior Staff Engineer, Move, Inc. Sept 2021 - Present
- Manage a greenfield team (4+) to guide the user journey across the Realtor suite of sites, leveraging NestJS, GraphQL, AWS Neptune Graph, and Typescript.
- Completed initiatives to retire legacy applications and acquire 3rd party vendor replacements.
- Participate in team talks about projects by devising, executing, and documenting quarterly goals, prioritizing features, setting standards, and coordinating with Realtor sites.
- Mentor individuals by pairing and providing weekly one-on-ones to offer technical direction and career advice.
Senior Staff Developer, Shopify. Mar 2021 - Jul 2021
- Served as Technical Lead on the core backend team, designing and developing the GraphQL API in Ruby on Rails.
Senior Member of Technical Staff, VMWare. Jan 2020 - Jan 2021
- Purchased by VMWare, I resumed the role of Tech Lead for my previous employer, Pivotal.
- Established CI/CD to automate security updates, generate release notes, and facilitate same-day release, guaranteeing timely security for our application.
- Maintained feature development, product management, and community of the Open Source Cloud Foundry platform management tool
om in Golang.
Staff Engineer, Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Dec 2014 - Jan 2020
- Contributed to several teams and components for Cloud Foundry Platform, requiring Golang and flexibility in Ruby, Python, Java, and Bash.
- Utilized concourse.ci to build pipelines for automation tooling in projects. Designed and developed the pull request resource for concourse to support better testing workflows for our open source projects.
- Applied Pivotal’s practices for pairing and test driven development (TDD) in helping teams grow and deliver quality and stable software. Mentored junior engineers in over four projects while encouraging them to be effective as team members.
- Spearheaded multiple initiatives to sunset products by advising clients on alternative options and facilitating their migration.
Software Engineer, Pivotal Labs. May 2010 - Feb 2014
- Completed 9+ projects ranging from rescue missions, small start-up ventures, and large enterprise clients as a consultant, adapting quickly to changing technology stacks, different business domains, and ambiguous product requirements.
- Actively promoted Pivotal Labs’ strong culture of pair programming, test-driven development, and agile development practices to all projects.
Software Engineer, Context Optional. Aug 2008 - Jan 2010
- Utilized Ruby on Rails and MySQL to build social media applications for social networking sites using the Facebook and OpenSocial platforms.
- Worked on large-scale applications with millions of users while effectively adding new features to those products. Effectively resolved software issues with adherence to the architecture and accepted coding standards.
Software Engineer, Chumby Industries. Feb 2007 – Aug 2008
- Worked as part of a team of developers and independently built a network of websites to support community, content, hardware, e-commerce, and marketing solutions.
- Utilized Ruby on Rails and MySQL to provide structured development to apply agile release methodology easily. Provided input on feature requirements, then managing projects to completion, testing, and releasing to production.
Software Engineer, Soapbox Mobile. Feb 2007 – Aug 2008
- Built mobile applications for SMS marketing campaigns that involved the use of WAP, SMS protocol, and PHP.
- Collaborated with a small team of engineers to provide development and testing for rapid deployment.