Lead Software Engineer
Dedicated and innovative Lead Software Engineer with 16+ years of experience developing responsive software applications. Possesses hands-on experience in the SDLC including requirements gathering, application design, development, configuration, testing, and support of next generation applications. Expertise in areas of Software Configuration Management, DevOps/Build and configuration management, and developing CI/CD pipelines. Equipped with a strong attention to detail, time management skills, and ability to learn new technology quickly and function as an excellent team player. Adept at identifying issues with product design through subjective assessment and comprehensive analysis. Proven expertise in ensuring software reliability by leading team in quality assurance and automation testing efforts.
- Expertise in Ruby, Go, Concourse CI for CI/CD, PostgreSQL, Cloud Foundry, AWS, GCP, TDD, and Bosh
- Software Development
- Project Management
- Requirement Gathering
- Agile Methodologies
- Client Relationship Management
- Technical Support
- Cross-functional Collaboration
- User Training and Support
- Team Leadership & Mentoring
Senior Staff Engineer, Move, Inc. Sept 2021 - Present
- Collaborate with a Greenfield team in managing the user journey across the Realtor suite of sites and building a GraphQL API.
- Involved in team discussions about projects by developing and implementing quarterly goals, prioritization of features, documentation, setting standards, and mentoring.
- Work on multiple enhancements for various applications with different technologies such as Neptune Graph database, and Typescript. Prepare and execute test plans for development and acceptance testing.
- Perform program maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to new/existing systems through programming, testing, documenting, and training users.
Senior Staff Developer, Shopify. Mar 2021 - Jul 2021
- Served as the Technical lead on the core backend team responsible for the design and development of the GraphQL API (with Ruby on Rails) at scale.
- Collaborated with several large cross-functional teams in building practices for the delivery of scheduled features. Solved and enhanced bottlenecks in the software stack by devising scalable distributed solution.
- Heavily involved from developing the design documents, mock-ups, functional specifications and final implementation. Supervised, directed and mentored more Junior Developers.
- Played an active role in all phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Developed test-cases and test-scenarios and perform end-to-end & regression testing on the enhancements made.
Senior Member of Technical Staff, VMWare. Jan 2020 - Jan 2021
- Worked as a senior member of the technical staff for VMWare when the company purchased Pivotal. Continued working on Cloud Foundry, a SaaS for hosting applications.
- Established coding standards and enforced them through automated tools. Modified existing software and tweaking the system settings to improve application performance.
- Focused on cloud technologies to support critical business solutions and working closely with Operations and Server Administration.
Staff Software Engineer, Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Dec 2014 - Jan 2020
- Worked with a team of engineers on developing Cloud Foundry, a SaaS for hosting applications that flexes polyglot muscles for effectiveness in contributing to many projects.
- Utilized concourse.ci to build pipelines for automation tooling in projects. Designed and developed the pull request resource for concourse to support better testing workflows for our open source projects.
- Applied Pivotal’s best practices (pairing and TDD) in helping teams grow and deliver quality software. Mentored junior engineers in over four projects while encouraging them to be effective as team members.
- Responsible for building out and improving the reliability and performance of cloud applications and cloud infrastructure. Worked with all areas of Development teams to ensure the build and deployment process serves better quality for the business.
Software Engineer, Pivotal Labs. May 2010 - Feb 2014
- Worked on 9+ projects ranging from rescue missions, small start-up ventures, and large enterprise clients. Designed and implemented new features for software products after studying functional requirements documents and reviewing with stakeholders.
- Advocated in maintaining Pivotal Labs’ strong culture of pair programming, test-driven development, and agile development practices to all projects.
- Participated in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules or potential problems. Reviewed software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness.
Software Engineer, Context Optional. Aug 2008 - Jan 2010
- Utilized Ruby on Rails to build social media applications for social networking sites using the Facebook and OpenSocial platforms.
- Provided the best components of the Ruby-on-Rails to deliver high-quality solutions to customers at maximum speed.
- Worked on large-scale applications with millions of users while effectively adding new features to those products. Effectively resolved software issues with adherence to the architecture and accepted coding standards.
Software Engineer, Chumby Industries. Feb 2007 – Aug 2008
- Worked as part of a team of developers and independently built a network of websites to support community, content, hardware, e-commerce, and marketing solutions.
- Utilized Ruby on Rails and MySQL to provide structured development to apply agile release methodology easily. Provided input on feature requirements, then managing projects to completion, testing, and releasing to production.
Software Engineer, Soapbox Mobile. Feb 2007 – Aug 2008
- Built mobile applications for SMS marketing campaigns that involved the use of WAP, SMS protocol, and PHP.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like gathering the requirements, analysis, design, development, unit testing and deployment.
- Collaborated with a small team of engineers to provide development and testing for rapid deployment.
University of Miami
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering (M.S.E.C.E.) 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degree program (B.S.Cp.E.) 2005